Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pet Peeves of the Week

Yep, I've got two of them right now.
  • First, it's five weeks into classes. How do you NOT have any of your books yet? On top of that, what makes someone think they have a right to complain when we don't have a copy on-hand? You have a test tomorrow... hmmm... probably should have thought about picking your book up a little bit sooner.
  • Second, why do students come in and say the class title for the book they need? Yes, we've got every course title memorized, along with the books that go with it... Example:

"Um, I need a book."

"Ok, for what class?"

"Um, Con Law I think."

"Is that Poli. Sci.?"

"Maybe.... I don't know."

"Ok, do you know the course number?"

"No."

"How about the professor's name?"

"I think it might start with an 'R.'"

Seriously!

No comments: